Now Hiring a Part-Time Bookkeeper
Do you love to read? Do you drink tea? Do you have bookkeeping experience? Are you thrilled by the idea of getting employee discounts on books, tea, and games?
We have a career for you!
This House of Books is a community-owned independent bookstore built on the co-op model, opening in downtown Billings in September. We will be selling all genres of books with a focus on local subjects and authors, Western literature, bestsellers, and new releases. Our strong children’s section will include educational toys and stuffed animals. Our game selection will include a broad sampling of popular tabletop games (board, card, and dice games). Our tea bar will have close to 200 varieties of tea from all around the world, including many varieties blended right in our store.
We offer our team members opportunities for advancement and training. You’ll be working with authors and very experienced booksellers and tea experts to constantly increase your knowledge and skills and grow with the business.
We’re looking for a part-time bookkeeper (8-12 hours/week). The start date will be mid September.
- Paying bills and keeping accurate files
- Balancing our bank accounts using QuickBooks
- Working as a part of a team
Requirements & Qualifications
- A basic understanding of accounting principles (debits, credits, balancing accounts). No tax training is required.
- Solid familiarity with QuickBooks
- At least 18 years of age with a high school diploma or GED; additional education and training a plus
- Reliability. We need people that we can count on to arrive on time and work a full shift
- Basic knowledge of computers, as the job requires using QuickBooks, Excel, and possibly our inventory management software
This House of Books is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex and gender (including sexual preference, pregnancy and childbirth), disabilities (physical or mental), age, citizenship, or genetic information.
Submit résumés by email to Gary@ThisHouseOfBooks.com