Julie's Staff Picks
A lyrical tale of love in the worst of circumstances and the uncertainty and desperation of searching for sanctuary. Harrowing, surprising, and ultimately hopeful.
- FInalist for the 2017 Man Booker Prize
Start of an epic fantasy. Unpredictable and deeply satisfying.
- #1 New York Times-bestselling epic fantasy series
Edgy and intensely suspenseful debut novel that tightens the screws as you hurtle towards the unexpected conclusion.
An NPR Best Book of the Year 2016
A thoroughly entertaining 300 year environmental history of US and Canadian forests and culture embodied by the descendants of two individuals.
- Finalist for the Kirkus Prize for Best Novel
- A New York Times Notable Book
- A Washington Post Best Book of the Year
Well researched and humorous book focusing on the dramatic change in the culture of modern love from a sociological perspective.
A #1 New York Times Bestseller
Exquisite, powerful novel of the edge of womanhood set in 1970s Brooklyn and the darkness embodied by that time and place and transition in a young girl’s life.
- A Finalist for the 2016 National Book Award
- New York Times Bestseller
- A SeattleTimes pick for Summer Reading Roundup 2017