Book Event: A Rumpus of Writers
This House of Books is hosting eight authors for a book signing on Saturday, December 9, from 1:00 to 3:00 PM.
Come, meet these authors, and get autographed copies of outstanding books by some award-winning local and regional authors.
- Cara Chamberlain—widely published poet and author of several collections of poetry. Her most current is Lament of the Antichrist in a Secular World and Other Poems (2017). Cara’s work has been published in over 150 journals and she has received three Pushcart Prize nominations.
- Jack Day—children’s book author who has created books featuring a charming pair of characters who answer to “Grandma” and “Grandpa” and who love to travel to Yellowstone Park in all seasons. His current is the very well-reviewed Gramma and Grampa's Adventures in Yellowstone National Park.
- Danell Jones—In her Virginia Woolf Writer’s Workshop, Danell imagines a master class in the art of writing, published by Penguin Random House. She was honored with a Whiting Fellowship in the Humanities and a Bennett Cerf Award for her work on Virginia Woolf.
- Craig Lancaster—Craig is a very popular Billings-based author whose latest novel, Julep Street, was a finalist for the 2017 AmericanBookFest Best Book Award for Literary Fiction. A prolific author, he has won many honors.
- Carrie LaSeur—Carrie’s widely acclaimed The Home Place: A Novel, won the High Plains Book Award for 2014. It takes place mostly in or east of Billings. Her next book, The Weight of an Infinite Sky, will be available in January 2018. Meet Carrie, buy a copy of The Home Place, and reserve a signed copy of her next book.
- Tim Lehman—Professor Lehman was invited by John’s Hopkins University to write Bloodshed at Little Bighorn: Sitting Bull, Custer, and the Destinies of Nations. It not only demonstrates the up-to-date mastery of the subject one might expect, it is exceptionally well-written. Even if you have a bookshelf full of books about this battle, you will want this one.
- Elisa Lorello—Big Skye Littleton is set in Billings, Montana. Elisa’s work explores human relationships with good insight and humor. She is a very popular best-selling author with an international following.
- Precious McKenzie—Precious plans to feature Sandstone, but we note that she has several new titles in stock which she will be delighted to personalize for you.
- Bernie Quetchenbach—Accidental Gravity is a set of autobiographical essays dealing with our relation to the natural world. Although written in prose, it is easy to detect that Bernard is a poet at heart. The work is deeply felt and beautifully crafted.